Thursday, January 28, 2010

Assignment - 26/01/10

1. Why do you think evaluation of CALL courseware, websites, materials etc important?

As long as the name of the creator is human, I strongly believe that strengths and weaknesses can never be part of the the creation. And this applies to the invention of courseware, websites or other materials. Hence, to answer this question, knowing the pros and cons of the courseware would be the answer. Once the evaluation has been done, one would know what can be relied on and what can be improved of the courseware. Therefore, it would be easier for him/her to use it.

Besides that, it would help teachers especially in recognizing the best courseware to be used in class. By doing this, the lesson could be improved as well.

2. How do you think Hot Potatoes JCloze may help your students learn English?

If I were given a choice, I'd like to learn how to use Hot Potatoes software before going for my practicum. I'm really positive that it would help my students a lot.

JCloze can help me on time management. It will help to reduce the time used by the students to copy all questions into their exercise books. Thus, it will give me chance to give them more exercise and enhance their proficiency level at the same time.

By using JCloze, I can make my exercise to look more interesting. Students will get excited to answer my questions and hopefully the learning will be meaningful to them. Colours, praise & critics can be added on in order to make the exercise is fun to be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment